As soon as you hear the word accessory, different pieces of jewellery start fogging your mind. However, rings, bracelets, and anklets are the only jewellery that people wear in their day-to-day life. Wearing necklace daily goes a bit overboard, especially in today’s time. Ladies prefer to wear matching accessories with their clothes. Whereas men don’t wear many accessories. However, one accessory that is common between both men and women is rings. Hence, there are a variety of rings designed by craftsman that meets the need of both men and women. Diamond engagement ring [แหวน หมั้น เพชร, which is the term in Thai] is one of the most popular rings for engagement.
Types of setting for diamond rings
- Channel setting: Rings with channel settings are commonly gifted during wedding and anniversary. In this type of setting, the stones are placed beside each other without the barrier of metal.
- Prone setting: A prone setting is one where a single diamond is hosted in the middle of the ring. The diamond is supported with the help of four to six prongs. Diamond engagement ring [แหวน หมั้น เพชร แท้, which is the term in Thai] with prone setting is one of the most common type of ring.
- Tension setting: In this type of setting, the diamond is squeezed by the band of the ring. This is a modern type of setting that looks stylish.
Different types of stone shapes used in rings
- Round: This is the most preferred type of shape for solitaires in a ring. Round shaped solitaires increase the beauty of the ring to next level. Round shaped solitaires are superior than other shapes.
- Square: A square styled solitaire resembles a cushion. The edges of the solitaire are given a slight curve.
- Princess: This is another very popular type of shape used in engagement rings. This type of shape can easily fit in any ring design.